Monday 9 January 2012

No cross stitching for now...

I have been a dental hygienist for more than 11 years now.  Unfortunately this job causes many back, neck, shoulder, arm and wrist problems... About 3 weeks ago, my right side from neck to hand got hurt and I have been in a lot of pain since.  I keep getting muscle spasms, and my entire arm keeps going numb.  It is quite scary, because I can't do much anymore. 
I went to see a doctor who gave me pills and showed me some exercises to do.  The pills are not helping much, but they make me feel woozy! I had to stop working for a week or so until my arm heals.  I start physiotherapy tomorrow and I have an EMG test in 10 days.  I hear they are quite painful! 
The worst part is that I can't even touch any of my cross stitches.  Too painful! I haven't worked on any of my projects in a month now, and it's driving me crazy!  I really hope my arm heals soon!

Annie :(

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, I'm so sorry to hear about all your health problems. I hope the physiotherapy does the trick and you can be pain free very soon.

    I love all your wips, especially Scarlet Lips she looks amazing. Thanx for following my blog and I'm glad it led me to yours. Take care and I truly hope you feel better soon so that you can get back to doing the things you love!
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alicia! Thank you so much! Love your blog! ^_^

    ReplyDelete