Friday 6 January 2012

Pisces from HAED

This chart is part of an astrological series of ACEO's by the artist Sara Butcher.  I adore her work!  Heaven and Earth Designs has all of the charts for the rest of the signs.  There is something so magickal about Sara Butcher's paintings, so I couldn't wait to get started stitching this one!  Here was an early WIP done on 25 count Lugana with 2 strands:

From the beginning, I had lots of trouble with the Kreinik thread.  The sparkly look of it is stunning, but it is very unpleasant to stitch with, because it keeps getting caught and snagging...I had used 2 strands first, but it was too thick, so I undid it and used 1 strand.  It was still quite difficult.  But recently I read in Thea's blog that she used Sulky thread instead which is easier to work with.  I bought some from eBay, so when I receive it, I will undo the Kreinik and start over with Sulky!  If you want to read about it in her blog, it is in the entry dated January 4th, 2012.  Here is a link to her blog:  http://gizzimomosstitchyplace.blogspot.com/
So I decided to work on Pisces' face some more to see how she comes out:


As you can see, I did a large part of her face, but I feel a little disappointed with the colors.  There is too much gray in her face!  Although it's supposed to be because of the shining light.  I need to have faith in HAED, because they are geniuses over there.  Maybe if I continue with the source of the light and everything, it will match better?  Here is a close up of her face:

Do you see what I mean with the too much gray?  I hope it works out, because I love this chart!

Annie ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment