Thursday 19 July 2012

Love Cafe ~ WIP progress

I have been working on my Love Cafe cross stitch all this week, and I have made a bit of progress!  I decided to go ahead and do some of the backstitching around the couple and the umbrella + chair.  Here it is!


Apart from the hoop creases, I think it looks Super Adorable and Fantabulous!!! I haven't done any back stitching on the boy's legs yet and I still have to stitch the girl's legs, the kitty and all of the background stuff.  Here are a couple of close-up shots:



Annie ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Wow Annie this is coming along so beautifully. You're a very good backstitcher. This is my weakest technique (as well as french knots). Any tips your back stitch is perfect. It was funny but I didn't realise she didn't have any legs until you mentioned it and it was one of those "Oh Yeah" moments. It is super adorable. Stunning progress for a stunner!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Crafty Princess! To tell you the truth, I kind of cheated with the backstitching... I didn't do the traditional backstitching but I used straight stitching! I find this way (for this particular cross stitch, anyway), the lines look sharper and less crooked! But thank goodness there are no french knots, because I am bad with those, too! ^_^

      Delete